For all of you who are obsessed with the deliciousness of chocolates, we can understand that you are always looking for something unique and yummy when it comes to chocolate desserts. A classic chocolate cake is fine, and you absolutely love it but have you ever wondered that there are a lot of variants of chocolate cakes? Today we are going to tell you a super yummy and ultimate Peanut Butter Truffle Chocolate cake recipe, With layers of chocolate cake and peanut butter truffle, it is the perfect combination that will take your taste buds to a whole new level. Also, the recipe is very easy and you can bake this yummilicious cake at home. Without any delay, let’s get started with the ingredients and recipe to make this delicious beauty.
For Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For Peanut Butter Truffle
- 20oz peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
For Chocolate Icing
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tsp water
Recipe / Instructions
- Take one 9 inch cake baking container and line with a baking paper in the base and oil the sides. If you have a springform container, that will be the perfect one.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
- Include egg, vegetable oil, and buttermilk to the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Add vanilla to hot water and add to blend. Mix well.
- Fill the cake baking container and bake at 300 degrees F for around 34 to 36 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean or with a couple of crumbs.
- Take the cake out from the oven and let it cool for around 10 mins and then flip it on a wire rack to cool off totally.
- To make the truffle layer, put peanut butter chips into a blending bowl.
- Microwave heavy cream until it starts to bubble and pour over peanut butter chips.
- Cover the bowl with clear wrap and let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Whisk the blend until smooth, and then cover it. Put it in the refrigerator for around an hour. It should thicken.
- Mix in mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Whenever the cake has cooled off, utilize a blade to remove the cake dome.
- Place the cake into a 9 inch cake baking container, lining the sides of the container with baking paper so it stands up over the edge of the container.
- Pour peanut butter blend over cake and spread properly. It might come over the edge of the cake container, but make sure that your baking paper is sufficiently high. Refrigerate until firm for around 4 hours.
- When the truffle layer is firm, remove the cake from the container.
- To make the icing, beat shortening and butter until smooth.
- Include powdered sugar, 1 tsp of water, and cocoa and blend until smooth.
- Include more water till the icing is smooth.
- Pipe the icing around the border of the cake, and drip with chocolate sauce.
- You can refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes for the icing to settle. The cake is ready to serve!
So, that is how you make a luscious peanut butter truffle chocolate cake at home. Hope you liked the recipe. If you can’t bake a cake, then order chocolate cake online and enjoy the yummy cake with your dear ones. Happy eating! Happy baking!