Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Whole Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with plenty of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and minimize into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to flavor
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh new sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper prior to spreading out in a solitary layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until eventually tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing 50 percent way as a result of.
- In the meantime, cook the butter in a tiny saucepan more than medium heat right up until it begins to turn a good hazelnut brown before eradicating it from the heat and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Selection: Insert 1 little onion. (You can both slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook it in the butter.)
Solution: Insert 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter mixture, immediately after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some added sweetness and flavour.
Solution: Add a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter mixture right after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Possibility: Increase a pinch of pink pepper flakes together with the garlic and sage.
Choice: Change the sage with thyme.
Selection: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Solution: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Solution: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on although nonetheless heat.